What is BBIC?
Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado (BBIC) was founded in 1987 for the purpose of marketing quality bed and breakfast inns as a choice location for B&B accommodations. All B&B member inns are recommended to follow a quality checklist and to insure comfort and safety for our guest travelers. BBIC is a non-profit membership organization which is a self-governed organization responsible for industry standards. Since B&Bs are small businesses (currently ranging from 1-25 rooms), the organization was formed to provide leveraged dollars through member partners.
Bed & Breakfast of Innkeepers Association Objectives:
- To set and maintain high standards of quality, guest safety, and professionalism in the association; to promote a quality lodging experience for guests staying in BBIC member inns.
- To provide educational resources to increase member knowledge of the industry; to share ideas and actively communicate with other BBIC members in relation to the bed and breakfast industry; to broaden public knowledge and appreciation of the bed and breakfast industry.
- To support the membership through collective action with state and local regulatory agencies; to educate these agencies in relation to the bed and breakfast industry.
- To promote and exchange marketing and promotional ideas among members; to encourage an active interest and participation to promote public interest, understanding and goodwill toward bed and breakfast inns; to provide a widespread, concise means of cooperative/referral advertising to promote.
- To participate in other functions, consistent with bylaws, which advance the interest of the organization and Colorado’s bed and breakfast industry. Membership: Full Members must be traditional bed and breakfast establishments. Properties such as hotels, motels and other such businesses, although they may offer bed and breakfast accommodations, are not eligible for membership. Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are residential in nature or reflective of residential character. The inn must have a resident innkeeper who is personally involved in the guests’ care. The resident innkeeper must live in the inn or in quarters within sight of the inn.
Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado Membership, Who we are…
The Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado is a collection of bed & breakfast inns of all shapes & sizes sprinkled around the State of Colorado. All BBIC Members enjoy a host of Benefits and are proud to appear in the Association’s brochure, web site and social media. Find out how the BBIC supports its members!
Member Benefits At-a-Glance
Rewards for Full B&B Members include increased bookings through the BBIC Internet site, State Guide, and member networking. Benefit from a sharing of common ideas and problem solving, knowing that there are others just like you!
In addition, you gain:
- Internet listing page on www.InnsofColorado.org including a description, individual website, booking, social media and email links directly to your own website and photos.
- Social Media exposure, via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, blog entries and promotional post boosts by the association.
- National Media Marketing opportunities including our BBIC press release program.
- Full-color inn/photo listing in B&B State Guides distributed at all Colorado Welcome Centers, member inns, visitor centers and through email/mail inquiries.
- Priority exposure through BBIC’s listings on www.Colorado.com
- Resources available on state laws for B&Bs.
- Legislative Support.
- Individual/Group Marketing opportunity updates with high search engine optimization as a select B&B member inn on www.InnsofColorado.org
- Free Listing on our “Inns for Sale” website page.
Full Membership (Apply Now)
Annual Dues – $275.00 (Limited Offer: 2 years for price of 1)
Once you have completed your “Apply Now” application and submitted, you will be emailed an invoice to pay by check or credit card option. Payment is required prior to membership approval and internet listing activation.
Basic Qualifications for Full Membership in BBIC
Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are eligible for Full Membership. Properties such as hotels, motels and other such businesses, although they may offer bed and breakfast accommodations, are not eligible for membership. Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are residential in nature or reflective of residential character. The inn must have a resident innkeeper who is personally involved in the guest care. The inn must supply short-term, overnight lodging in which breakfast and refreshments are included in the room rate.
Basic Responsibilities for Full Membership in the BBIC
- Member inns must carry adequate and current B&B liability insurance.
- Member inns assume full responsibility for meeting all applicable B&B business requirements to be enforced by local authorities.
- Member inns operate in a professional business-like manner.
- Member inns are responsible for paying current dues.
Thank you for your interest in Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Colorado Bed & Breakfast Association!
Colorado Inns for Sale
When you make the decision to join the world of innkeeping, there are few things more exciting than to see the words: Bed and Breakfast For Sale! Your heart begins to beat a little quicker, your dreams soar and your imagination takes over- what will that special “inn for sale” purchase mean for you in the coming months?
Explore this list of fine bed and breakfast properties throughout Colorado, knowing that these innkeepers are electing to pursue other life opportunities. Each provides wonderful and heartwarming stories to share about their bed and breakfast inns and the special guests who have graced their doorsteps over the years.
Here you will find BBIC Member Inns that are currently for sale.
Pikes Peak Paradise Bed & Breakfast
Location: Woodland Park
Owners: Ron W. Pijut
Website: www.pikespeakparadise.com – E-mail Info@pikespeakparadise.com
Asking Price: $1,700,000.00
Contact Name: Ron W. Pijut
Contact Number: 719-687-6656 – E-mail Info@pikespeakparadise.com
Location, Location, Location. Turnkey Operation. Own a Prime Bed and Breakfast with the BEST 9000 foot breathtaking panoramic view of Pikes Peak and one million healthy acres of Pikes National Forest.
Pikes Peak Paradise has been renovated and beautifully redecorated in a boutique style bed and breakfast in imported euro modern furnishings and a fine art collection. The five updated suites include brand new 1,200 thread-count linens, down pillows, down comforters, duvet covers, Egyptian cotton towels, and Spa Robes. All suites offer WIFI, Flat Screens, CD/DVD Players, romantic music and over 1,000 DVD movies. New GAF Grand Sequoia Armor Shield Class 4 Hail Resistant Roof, New James Hardie Hardibacker Concrete Siding and New Viessmann Thermal Solar System added to Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast.
3 SOURCES OF REVENUE for a Viable Business Opportunity
- B&B Rentals
- Small Weddings/Events
- Gift Shop
- 2.28 Acres
- 5 suites with hot tubs/Jacuzzis
- Most Indoor & Outdoor furnishings, all lighting fixtures & some artwork
- 3 Swarovski Crystal Chandeliers
- Arthur Furman 185 piece hand blown glass chandelier with Aladdin hoist
- 5 level Amphitheatre wedding/event area.
- Plumbed for an outdoor fireplace and outdoor kitchenette area under the gazebo.
- Includes all table bases, tabletops, chairs, white/ivory linens for tables, chair covers, napkins, Royal Doulton China, silverware, glassware and barware.
- 1,400 native bushes and trees have been planted.
- Retaining wall built alongside circle driveway.
- 150 Pinecrest Road – Additional 1.86 acre of land adjacent to Pikes Peak Paradise. Build a future cabin or owner’s main residence.
- 10+ years of marketing
- Fire mitigation completed in 2014.
The Gable House Bed & Breakfast
Address: 805 E. 5th Avenue
Asking Price: Call for more information
Contact Name: Lesley Gannon-Meiering
Contact Number: 970-560-0600– E-mail Lesley@lpwsir.com
In the heart of historic downtown Durango on the corner of 5th Avenue sits the Gable House Mansion. Built in 1892 as a private home this impeccably maintained and restored Queen Anne Victorian home is a crown jewel of historically registered properties in the State of Colorado. With 17 spacious rooms plus a large full stand up basement. Included on the property is also a carriage house with 3 bedrooms. This grand masterpiece is located within walking distance of all Durango’s downtown shops, restaurants, theaters and historic Narrow Gauge Train. The beautiful gardens and the deep front porch allow for relaxing with a book or glass of wine. High ceilings, original solid brass door knobs and hinges as well as intricate woodwork epitomizes the superb craftsmanship of the late 1800’s. Corner lot with ample on and off street parking. Four large in town lots with room to grow this exceptional residential/commercial property is allowable as a wedding venue, corporate retreat, event venue, B and B or large multigenerational family home.