Sour Cream Banana Bread
Carr Manor, Cripple Creek
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 ripe / medium bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour the bottom of a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. You may also use Baker’s Joy or other similar pan release sprays.
3. Beat sugar and oil in a large mixer bowl. Add eggs, banana, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat well.
4. Sift flour with baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to liquid mixture and stir just until dry ingredients and moistened.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack.