Servings:Makes 24 crepe cups or 12 servings
- 1 1/4 cups flour (For Crepes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (For Crepes)
- pinch salt (For Crepes)
- 3 eggs (For Crepes)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (For Crepes)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (For Crepes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (For Crepes)
- 7 eggs (Egg Mixture)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (Egg Mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Egg Mixture)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (Egg Mixture)
- 1 tablespoon flour (Egg Mixture)
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled (Egg Mixture)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Gream (For Garnish )
- Fresh Dill, Parsley or Tarragon (For Garnish )
Blend or mix all crepe ingredients well. Let rest for approx. 5 minutes. Make 5 inch crepes using either a well greased skillet or crepe maker. Extra crepes may be stored in refrigerator for later use.
Mix together all egg mixture ingredients except bacon and cheese.
Generously grease 24 muffin tins with non stick spray. Press crepes into tins, lightly ruffling edges but being careful not to tear crepes. Place a small square of cheese in bottom of tin and pour egg mixture carefully into each muffin tin, filling just to below top of rim. Top with crumbled bacon (vegetarian bacon bits may be substituted).
Temp. & Time: Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until mixture is firm and crepes are just lightly brown. Let cool slightly and carefully loosen crepe cups from muffin tins with a fork or knife, taking care not to break crepe edges. Remove from tins with a spoon, place 2 on each plate and top with a small dab of sour cream and chopped fresh dill, parsley or tarragon (We try and use herbs fresh from the garden).