Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado Membership, Who we are...
The Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado is a collection of Bed & Breakfast Inns of all shapes & sizes sprinkled around the State of Colorado. All BBIC Members enjoy a host of Benefits and are proud to appear in the Association's brochure and web site as an "Inspected and Approved" Member of the BBIC. Find out how the BBIC supports its members!
Member Benefits At-a-Glance
Rewards for Full B&B Members include increased bookings through the BBIC Internet site, State Guide, and member networking. Benefit from a sharing of common ideas and problem solving, knowing that there are others just like you! In addition, you gain:
- "Inspected & Approved" status and guest credibility with membership.
- Internet listing on www.InnsofColorado.org including a description, individual website and email link and photo with an average monthly traffic of 800 unique visitors per inn and 48,000 website visitors per year.
- National Media Marketing opportunities including our BBIC press release program through our "Colorado Inn-Spirations" e-newsletter sent to over 2,500 travel media, inns and inngoers each month.
- 4-color inn/photo listing in 25,000 B&B State Guides distributed at all Colorado Welcome Centers, member inns, visitor centers and through email/mail inquiries.
- Priority exposure through BBIC's listings on www.Colorado.com , basic complimentary listing at www.BBonline.com and Pay-Per-Click for maximum search engine placement.
- Resources available on state laws for B&Bs.
- Legislative Support and government lobbying efforts.
- Networking opportunities including our annual B&B innkeepers conference.
- Toll-free number for State Guide distribution.
- Discounts on services, on-line directories and products through our BBIC affiliates
- Individual/Group Marketing opportunity updates.
- Discounted membership rates at annual BBIC state conference each Fall.
- lnn Site membership newsletter with helpful tips, innkeeper updates and membership reports.
- Free Listing on our "Inns for Sale" website page.
Our special BBIC discount partners:
www.BBOnline.com ( Get the next level package at no additional cost your first year advertising)
www.BBDestinations.com (50% discount first year advertising)
www.Colorado-BnB.com (30% discount off first year advertising)
www.Go-Colorado.com (50% discount at annual rate of $200 with a link exchange from your website - regular rate $400/year)
www.InnMatchmakers.com (1% discount off commission for B&B Real Estate listing/sale)
www.DenverMattressCo.com (303)566-8209 *Special Mattress Prices for BBIC Members
Meet our Board Members
Full membership requires an inspection and evaluation as part of the membership process. The inspection criteria is detailed in the membership approved Association Standards and Association Bylaws . Our professional independent Inspector will contact you for a mutually convenient time to make a personal visit to your Inn. This may entail a complimentary night stay or simply an on-site visit (you will be informed in advance).
The Application Deadline, Fee, & Dues Schedule is separated into four sections, one for each type of membership: Full Membership, Transfer Membership, Affiliate Membership, and Aspiring Membership. Each type of membership is discussed below.
Types of Memberships
Full Membership (Apply Now)
This type of membership is available to operating Bed & Breakfast Inns. All Association Benefits are provided to Full Members. In return, each Full Member must sign the Association Agreement indicating acceptance of the responsibilities of membership.
One Time Application Fee - $175.00Annual Dues -$275.00 by check, additional $10 if paid by Paypal, includes inspection
Basic Qualifications for Full Membership in BBIC
Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are eligible for Full Membership. Properties such as hotels, motels and other such businesses, although they may offer bed and breakfast accommodations, are not eligible for membership. Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are residential in nature or reflective of residential character. The Inn must have a resident Innkeeper who is personally involved in the guest care. The Inn must supply short term, overnight lodging in which breakfast and refreshments are included in the room rate.
Basic Responsibilities for Full Membership in the BBIC
- Member inns will carry adequate and current B&B liability insurance.
- Member inns will assume full responsibility for meeting all applicable B&B business requirements to be enforced by local authorities.
- Member inns will operate in a professional business-like manner.
- Member inns are responsible for paying current dues, submitting a yearly agreement form and update.
- Member inns are required to pass a re-inspection at least every three years, and pay a re-inspection fee.
Transfer Membership (click here for cost details and application)
The transfer of a Full Membership is available to operating Bed & Breakfast Inns that have been Full Members in good standing under previous ownership. All Association Benefits are provided to Transfer Members. In return, each Transfer Member must sign the Association Agreement indicating acceptance of the responsibilities of membership.
A Transfer Membership application MUST be received within 90 days of ownership transfer. An application received past 90 days is viewed as a New Member application and subject to all New Member requirements, deadlines, and fees.
Ready to Apply?
Applications for membership are accepted anytime during the year. Once the inspection and review process is complete, you will be notified of approval and asked to fill out a Web Site Information Sheet. Your listing will be added to the Association's web site, www.innsofcolorado.org, within a few days of the Membership Chairperson's receipt of your Web Site Information Sheet.
Or you may contact us by mail or email and we will mail you an application packet.
PO Box 38416
Colorado Springs, CO 80937-8416 | E-mail
You may also contact the Membership Chair directly.
Thank you for your interest in Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Colorado Bed & Breakfast Association!