Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado Membership, Who we are…
The Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado is a collection of bed & breakfast inns of all shapes & sizes sprinkled around the State of Colorado. All BBIC Members enjoy a host of Benefits and are proud to appear in the Association’s brochure, web site and social media. Find out how the BBIC supports its members!
Member Benefits At-a-Glance
Rewards for Full B&B Members include increased bookings through the BBIC Internet site, State Guide, and member networking. Benefit from a sharing of common ideas and problem solving, knowing that there are others just like you!
In addition, you gain:
- Internet listing on www.InnsofColorado.org including a description, individual website and email link and photo with an average monthly traffic of 800 unique visitors per inn and 48,000 website visitors per year.
- Social Media exposure, via Facebook, Twitter and blog entries and promotional post boosts by the association.
- National Media Marketing opportunities including our BBIC press release program through our , Colorado Travel Inn-Sights Newsletter distributed to more than 4,000 travel media, inns and inn-goers each month.
- 4-color inn/photo listing in B&B State Guides distributed at all Colorado Welcome Centers, member inns, visitor centers and through email/mail inquiries.
- Priority exposure through BBIC’s listings on www.Colorado.com
- Resources available on state laws for B&Bs.
- Legislative Support and government lobbying efforts.
- Individual/Group Marketing opportunity updates.
- Free Listing on our “Inns for Sale” website page.
Our special BBIC discount partners:
- Denver Convention and Visitors Bureau web/print listing for just $100 Denver.org
The Application Deadline, Fee, & Dues Schedule is separated into four sections, one for each type of membership: Full Membership, Transfer Membership, Affiliate Membership, and Aspiring Membership. Each type of membership is discussed below.
Types of Memberships
Full Membership (Apply Now)
This type of membership is available to operating Bed & Breakfast Inns. All Association Benefits are provided to Full Members. In return, each Full Member must sign the Association Agreement indicating acceptance of the responsibilities of membership.
Annual Dues – $275.00, additional $10 if paid by check.
Basic Qualifications for Full Membership in BBIC
Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are eligible for Full Membership. Properties such as hotels, motels and other such businesses, although they may offer bed and breakfast accommodations, are not eligible for membership. Traditional bed and breakfast establishments are residential in nature or reflective of residential character. The inn must have a resident innkeeper who is personally involved in the guest care. The inn must supply short-term, overnight lodging in which breakfast and refreshments are included in the room rate.
Basic Responsibilities for Full Membership in the BBIC
- Member inns must carry adequate and current B&B liability insurance.
- Member inns assume full responsibility for meeting all applicable B&B business requirements to be enforced by local authorities.
- Member inns operate in a professional business-like manner.
- Member inns are responsible for paying current dues, submitting a yearly agreement form and update.
The transfer of a Full Membership is available to operating bed & breakfast inns that have been Full Members in good standing under previous ownership. All Association Benefits are provided to Transfer Members. In return, each Transfer Member must sign the Association Agreement indicating acceptance of membership responsibilities.
A Transfer Membership application MUST be received within 90 days of ownership transfer. An application received past 90 days is viewed as a New Member application and subject to all New Member requirements, deadlines, and fees.
Ready to Apply?
Applications for membership are accepted anytime throughout the year. Once the inspection and review process is complete, you will be notified of approval and asked to fill out a Web Site Information Sheet. Your listing will be added to the Association’s web site, www.innsofcolorado.org, within a few days of the Membership Chairperson’s receipt of your Web Site Information Sheet.
Or you may contact us by mail or email and we will mail you an application packet.
PO Box 38416
Colorado Springs, CO 80937-8416 | E-mail
Thank you for your interest in Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers of Colorado.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Colorado Bed & Breakfast Association!